Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Emma Lou Slate (Nannie)


(This is Tony writing) My sweet Nannie passed away tonight. Most of you know, she suffered from Alzheimers. She has had it for almost 8 years. Nannie held on during these last days. Bless her heart. She is in heaven now, reunited with Papa and so many others. There is so much to write about her, but as for now I just wanted to post this about her passing. I wish everyone could have known her like I do. She was a true servant of Christ. Everyone loved being around her. She was such a blast to be around!

She loved cats!

4 comments:

Jody said...

My heart breaks for your family, Tony!! So sorry that you lost Nannie for the rest of your time here on Earth. Heaven received a new angel! We will be praying for your family in months to follow. Please tell Dar we are so sad for her. We got a precious note in the mail from her.
Call us while you are here. Please let us know if we can do anything.

Love you guys.
J and J

Carrie Brown said...

I am so sorry Tony. She seems like the kind of person that the Angels would rejoice to have around! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
CB and EB

David, Deborah, Abigail, Anna Jane and Aleah said...

So sorry to hear your news. However, I rejoice that she is now with her Lord and free from any suffering and worries. I will be thinking and praying for you all.

Love,
D, D, A and AJ

Mindy S. said...

Oh, Tony. I am so sorry to hear this news. I so enjoyed meeting all of your family that one trip that we made to your home (for a Micheal W. Smith concert?--obviously your family made a bigger impact on me than the concert did). Didn't we (the girls) spend one night sleeping on Nannie and Papa's floor and couches? What fun memories. I know that this will be a hard time for you and your family. I will be praying for you all as you go through the funeral this week and through the holidays over the next couple of weeks.
Mindy (Schackmann) Shearer