This is how Jillian spent Valentines day. No cute outfit. Poor thing. Here's the story....
Last week she had another cold (I feel like we have all had colds all winter!) I noticed that she didn't seem to be getting better, so I knew that a doctor visit was in the near future. On Friday, she started having a few stomach cramps. I dreaded this when I saw this because last time she had these cramps there was throw up involved.
She slept fine that night but Saturday her stomach cramps got worse and she also had fever most of the day. She would just hold her stomach, moan and cry! It was so sad because there was nothing I could do to help her. We also noticed that she hadn't gone to the bathroom all day. (which made sense that she was having stomach cramps). Saturday night, she also slept all night.
Sunday, I stayed home from church with her and she still had fever and those cramps were still there....
Fast forward: 9:00pm. I hear her cry on the monitor and go up the stairs to find out that she has thrown up. Twice. In her bed. I get her out and clean her up while Tony takes care of the laundry side of things! She continued to throw up for the next few hours. She didn't want me to put her down so we stayed in the glider in her room until about 1:30am. (I was finally able to put her down) I slept in her room on the floor just in case after that. So, around 6am I realize that I need to get valentine stuff set up for the girls.
I took a quick picture of all the balloons (given by Grandma and Pa) and all the cards lined up by the window. I put out a couple of things for the girls and Tony too.
Kaitlyn woke up first. For this Valentines Day, we didn't want to get them a bunch of junk, so we decided to make date cards. Each girl gets to go out with mommy and daddy BY THEMSELVES!! They don't get a lot of individual time (away from the other) and we want to be more intentional about that. They also got a cute dot to dot workbook. Jillian got a new Barney dvd. She loooves Barney. ( I was planning on making those date cards A LOT cuter, but that was all I could do at 6 in the morning and not having the night before to work on it)
Kennedy working on her dot to dot book!
Dressed for school and playing with the play dough that Aunt Jenn MADE for them. They had a lot of fun with that! They had their valentine party at school today and had soooo much fun!
Tony and I both stayed home to care for Jillian. Tony took her to the doctor early this morning and the diagnosis was: 1) severe constipation 2) sinus infection 3) stomach virus.
No wonder she was feeling bad!!!! Just ONE of those things is enough to do you in!!! She has a lot of meds but actually, she wasn't much better today. In fact...a little worse (minus the throwing up which stopped....thank goodness!!) We are praying that our baby girl gets better soon. This has just about broken my heart seeing her like this.
Here's hoping next Valentines Day is better than this one! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment