Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a great night of trick or treating! Before we get to all the pics, let me give you a little background (for those of you who somehow don't know about my girls and their fears of Halloween.)

We have never gone successfully trick or treating. We tried when the twins were 2 and we got around to a few houses, but it ended badly...with lots of screaming in fright.  

Year 3...all dressed and ready in their cute cheerleader costumes. Never made it out the door. They were terrified! 

Year 4: I didn't even buy costumes that year. I put a bowl of candy on our door step because they were sooooo scared of the kids dressed up in their costumes if I tried to open the door to pass it out.
Anything and everything with a mask has utterly terrified them. 
 
This year I didn't buy costumes either. They told me they wanted to trick or treat indoors. (They get in one bedroom of the house...knock on the door....we answer and give candy. ) Jillian was going to wear the costume that the twins wore and I was going to get a few pictures and that would be it.

Well, yesterday, Kaitlyn told me she wanted to go...for real. Kennedy was a little hesitant. Our cul-de-sac was going to have a pizza party and then all go trick or treating together and so, we decided to go for it! And they did GREAT!!
They literally thought of what they wanted to wear on the way home from school today.  

Don't judge. :)


Kaitlyn wanted to be a ballerina witch (hat made today!), Jillian a bumble bee and Kennedy a ballerina (no witch). I totally expected them to come down in one of their princess dresses, but I guess they felt like this was better! :)


Pizza party time! (Kaitlyn quickly shed the "witch" hat)


 Kennedy
 
 
 
 Jillian
 
 
 
 Madi and Meagan stopped to chat with the girls!



 My ballerinas



 Group photo! (Yes, we ALL went together!!)


 Waiting for trick or treat time



 Kennedy helping Jillian learn the ropes


"Trick or treat!"



 Running to the next house



 The bigger girls stayed behind and walked with Jillian...so sweet








 They had to stop and hug a ninja turtle they saw on their way back home.


 "I'm tired, mommy."


Kaitlyn and Jillian looking at all their loot! Kennedy got just as much. Can we say...too much candy???
I'm soooo proud of the girls for being so brave. They even saw some super scary masks along the way, but they didn't freak out. :) 
Year 5 was a Halloween success! (and year 2 for Jilly...who has no fears of these type of things.)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am SO proud of them! I know what a huge accomplishment this was for them. Yea :)

The Chaddrick Family said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe they did it! Good for you, girlies! Wish we had known. Chris was gone; Coop and I stayed in and watched Toy Story 3. No one even came to our door. :( I thought about taking him out (he wanted to wear his fireman suit), but since he doesn't like candy (WEIRDO!), didn't see the point. Maybe we can try together next year???

Becca said...

Too cute! So glad they overcame their fears! I love the witch hat! Jillian is looking SO much like you, Lindsay. She's absolutely adorable.