Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January

It's the last day of January and I'm FINALLY posting something! Whew! It's been a busy month.

The first big news is that Jillian is potty trained!! Yipee!!  She still wears pull ups/diapers for nap and bedtime but she is doing so great during the day. So proud of my little girl!

The next big news for Kennedy is that she can ride her bike without training wheels!! She started trying last week and has it down now! I meant to snap a picture of her, but it was raining today.  I'll get one soon! Kaitlyn tried, but decided that she would rather have her training wheels back on for now.


 All the girls had dentist appointments this month. It was Jillian's first time and she LOVED it!!  No cavities for the girls. :)

 Can her smile get much bigger??


 She loved it when the chair went back.

 She got to wear sunglasses to keep the light out of her eyes. :)


She asked the dentist first thing how old he was. I thought that was funny. He answered her, and then he asked her how old she was. 
 After he checked her teeth, she was concerned that he had not checked her cough. LOL. I think she was confused between a doctor and a dentist. :)


We did have to make a trip to the doctor this month. All the girls had to be on steroids and inhalers for their coughs and wheezing. :( 
Kaitlyn had this first near the end of December, but Kennedy and Jillian followed her this month. We are still trying to get over the lingering coughs.


Tony and I got to go on a couple of dates! Yipee! It's been waaaaay too long.  We had someone offer to babysit for free and we jumped on it! :) We had a gift card and we went to see "Joyful Noise" with Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah. Very cute movie and loved the music!


Tony's boss took all the managers and their wives out to a really fun restaurant called Buca Di Beppo.
Yummy food and a super fun atmosphere!! (Thanks to my parents for babysitting!)


The twins are doing great in school and Jillian and I are really enjoying our study in BSF this year. (Acts and the apostles)


Next month I'm hosting a Kelly's Kid's clothes party. The clothes are super cute and I can't wait for it!

Last, I'll leave you with a cute video of Kennedy and Kaitlyn singing a song that they learned in their preschool Spanish class.




3 comments:

Camy H. said...

I can't believe how much the girls have grown! I miss the Slate family!

Anonymous said...

All the videos you posted today were sweeeeetttt! What cuties! And glad to see its not just my boys that want to immediately see their video as soon as I film it!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, sorry, anonymous was me!!
Lisa Callicott