We were blessed to be able to use a friend's condo over the weekend that was right on the beach in Galveston. We headed out Friday evening after work and arrived around 7pm. We unloaded all our luggage and then the girls headed to the playground to burn off some energy. They apparently didn't burn off enough energy though....they could not go to sleep that night due to all the excitement!
The girls got to ride on the luggage carrier down the 25 floors on the elevator!! (We had already unloaded and were about to return it)
Oh...did I mention when we unloaded everything some things were missing...my things! We accidentally left them at home! Everything! Make up, clothes, swim suit, toiletries!!!! Tony was super sweet and ran to Wal-mart for me that night and bought me some essentials! :)
The next day we woke up, had breakfast and got ready for the beach!
I love this picture of Jillian....too sweet! (Standing on the balcony overlooking the beach)
Cool Kennedy! This girl was ready to go!!!
Kaitlyn was super excited!
All my girls!! I love all the fun colors of their swim suits! :)
The first thing Jillian wanted to do when she got to the beach was drink her juice! Silly girl! I don't buy much juice so this was exciting for her!
Sand time for my twinkies!
Quick picture with daddy!
Love the smiles and love my girls!
First step into the water! Their crocs didn't stay on long.
Kaitlyn was so happy she broke out into dance!!
She was very excited to make mud pies.
Beautiful
Sweetness....Kennedy and Jillian played together for a long time!
Happy Kaitlyn
Mud is fun!
This was where I spent a lot of time..(no swim suit) I didn't mind though....it was super relaxing and I ended up having to take the girls to the bathroom a lot, so I was ready to go!
Looking at the dolphins that were jumping way out in the water! It was so beautiful!
Love her smile
I love this picture! Kennedy loves her daddy.
Juice break! (Part of the condo is in the background)
Sweet Kaitlyn
Loving the sand
The start of a sand castle they built together
Frisbee time
The dirtier the better
Around lunch time we went inside and had lunch and gave the girls a break from the sun. That didn't last too long though. They were dying to go to the pool! So, we changed into different swim suits and put sunscreen on again. (Their least favorite part)
Kennedy, Jilly and Daddy
Kennedy and Kaitlyn were happy to be in the pool again to practice their swimming skills. Jillian apparently thinks that she took lessons too! That girl is fearless in the water! (Made Mama a little nervous!)
Kaitlyn
Weeeeeeee
Kaitlyn and Daddy
After a couple of hours in the pool, we went back inside and had a snack and got changed. The girls had been swimming all day and they had all skipped their naps so we knew they were soooo tired. We also knew that with tiredness, comes crankiness.....so we decided to keep the fun going! We hopped in the van and drove down the sea wall and stopped at a gift shop and looked around. (Just the few minutes that we were in the car, the twins fell asleep.....Jillian...not at all!)
After the gift shop we went to IHOP for dinner. We ate all our other meals at the condo, but I think the girls were ready for something besides sandwiches. :)
I snapped this picture with my phone, but I LOVE it. I love Tony's face and the way Jilly is looking at him.
Waiting for their food!
Needless to say....after dinner we headed back to the condo and the girls went to sleep very early. They were exhausted!
The next morning we hit the beach one more time and then packed up to go home! I wish we had more days there. We were so relaxed and we were so blessed to have our friends do this for us!
Jillian asks every day if we can go back. :)

















1 comments:
Slate Family~
Enjoyed reading your blog tonight. Such a sweet family!
God is good and He has blessed you in every way!
Love and prayers,
Karen Bowman
Post a Comment