Saturday, February 09, 2013

Valentine Fun, haircuts and more!

 Well, February is here and it's almost 10 days into it, so I knew I needed to post!  We have been busy, but it's been fun. The girls are still enjoying gymnastics. They go every Tuesday.  Last week one of the coaches snapped this cute picture of the twins. I love it.

 Kaitlyn, Kennedy



 While I'm at work, my mom and Jenn take Jillian and Cooper to "PK open gym" at Iron Cross.  They have a lot of fun!  Jilly and Cooper are at the bottom of the picture.


I love Valentine's Day and I made little treats for all 3 kids and Tony for the first 14 days of February.
 
Each little saying matches the candy/snack.  The candy you can't see is attached to the back. 
"You are priceless to me" = 100 grand bar
"I love you to the moon and back" = milky way
"Bursting with love" =Starburst
You get the picture!  :) 
I put it in their lunches every day and they always look forward to their little Valentine each day.

I have also been making everything I can into hearts for breakfast and lunch!! Cinnamon roll hearts, bacon hearts, PB&J sandwich hearts, heart pancakes, biscuits, toast etc. Soo fun!




We have also been doing lots of Valentine cooking! (Sorry for the picture quality...I took most of these with my phone)
 Kaitlyn posing with her chocolate-covered strawberries!


 Yummy!


 We also took marshmallows, dipped them in chocolate and put sprinkles on top. :)
The kids weren't too impressed with the taste, but the adults loved them.  (Tony thinks they taste like "Peeps")

 We have also been wearing lots of Valentine attire! So fun!


This past Monday was the 100th day of school!! The girls designed posters for the big day.
Kennedy chose to put 100 balloons on her poster and Kaitlyn wanted 100 spots on the ladybug.
They did these posters with minimal help. (That's hard for me!! I'm such a perfectionist, but I know it's good for them to do it themselves)

 Jillian, Kennedy, Kaitlyn


On Thurs and Friday, the faculty/staff at my school went on our annual retreat. It's hard being away from Tony and the girls, but they were in good hands. 

When I got home on Friday, the girls wanted to do more valentine cooking! So we made Valentine cupcakes and decorated them.


 Kaitlyn hard at work spreading her icing.



Jillian


 Kennedy



Today I took the girls to get their hair trimmed.  They were having 5.99 cuts and I couldn't resist that price.  Jillian has never had a haircut so be prepared for lots of pictures! :) She did great!
 
 This is her "before" picture



 My cutie 
(You will notice in the background that the hairdressers are wearing Mardi Gras masks! The girls were ok with it though because they were full of sparkles and feathers. :)


 During


 Jillian did so good. :)
You can see Kennedy in the background getting hers done.


 All done!! 
I told them to just trim it....I didn't want any of her curls cut off.
She got a sucker when she was done and she was so proud of herself!


We came back home and the girls played outside for a long time. And of course...we did MORE cooking. This time, we didn't really cook anything...more like just decorating. 
We took Rice Krispies treats and rolled them out. Then we cut them into heart shapes with the cookie cutter. We melted pink vanilla chips (like dipping chocolate, but vanilla instead) and they spread this on their heart. Then they went to town with M&M's and sprinkles. They really enjoyed this one. I think it would be even better with chocolate!


 One of the finished hearts


 Tasting her treat


Jillian had a lot of fun....she feels so big doing everything like her sisters.

Today the valentine treat they got was Pop Rocks. Their valentine said" You Rock". It was soo funny watching them try this for the first time. They loved it! I was surprised!
We have some more cooking fun for tomorrow!  Have I mentioned that I love Valentines day?? :) :)


0 comments: