Sunday, November 17, 2013

Busy in November

 We have been pretty busy these days and I need to play a little catch up. Last week, our Bible story in Kindergarten was David and Goliath. I wanted my kids to get a real picture of how tall Goliath really was. Tony was so sweet and drew a 9 foot tall Goliath for me. The kids loved it and we had a lot of fun that week.



Last weekend, the girls were invited to a Build a Bear birthday party from one of their old kinder friends from Oakland Elem. So sweet of her to remember the twins.  
 They loved getting their new pets!
After Build a Bear, they had some lunch in the food court. I happened to see Santa at the mall and no line, so I thought this was a good time to go visit him. We are rarely at the mall, so this was a good time for us. (Even know it's so early, I know!)
No one was dressed in their Christmas colors, but thats ok. The girls still had a fun little chat with him. (I love Jillian's excitement)
 I think they have a new rule this year at the mall....no sitting on Santa's lap unless you are BUYING a picture. Ugh. They wouldn't even let them turn around so we could get a picture. We had to stand way back and just let them visit. (I understand that they need to make money with the pictures...)

 He made them raise their right hand and promise to be good! :)

 I did get this really cute shot of Jilly hugging Santa. So sweet.

The next day was Veteran's Day at school.
 I got to see Kaitlyn and Kennedy sing their song. :) 

 After their song was over, I tried to get a picture of each of them. (Kaitlyn)

 Kennedy


 Later, that week, Tony sent me flowers...just because it had been "one of those weeks".  He's a sweetie!

We were all excited about the weekend because Dar was coming to visit! She was coming with a friend who was going to a baby shower in College Station. Tony and the twins drove up there to get her Sat morning. (Her friend, Angie, stayed for the shower and drove to our house later that night)

 The twins ready for their little road trip with daddy! 
Jilly and I stayed behind and cleaned the house. My mom was sweet to come over and help! (Like I said...it had been one of those weeks)

 Once Dar arrived, the fun began! She had brought all kinds of little surprises for the girls with her! They got new Christmas nightgowns to wear Christmas eve! (I hope the weather gets cool enough to wear them! It's been pretty warm here lately!)

 Each gown came with a matching one for their American girl doll. Perfect!
 The girls had so much fun and Aunt Dar was silly and tied their hair together. They thought this was so hilarious!
It didn't take long for Jillian to "want out" but the twins LOVED it and kept their hair tied up for a while. Silly girls!
We were sad to see Dar and Angie (her friend) go, but we were so thankful they could come for the weekend!
One more week until Thanksgiving break! Woo hoo!! I'm looking forward to some family time.

0 comments: