Last week, my cousin, Jarrett (8), came to visit from Austin. Our family and my brother's family decided to head to the zoo. The twins were very excited. This was not their first time, but what little kid isn't excited to go to the zoo again? :)
Excited little girls!
uh oh! Well, our excited little girls turned into screaming and crying little girls! Ugh!!!! This is what happened. Our first stop (besides the bathrooms, of course) was the sea lion tank. It's the first thing you see, so we decided to take a look. We looked in and there were no sea lions...instead there were 2 scuba divers (doing what, I don't know....there were also video cameras). When Kennedy and Kaitlyn saw the divers they fell to pieces!!!! See, for about 2 years, they have been afraid of anything with a mask on....this includes mascots, Disney characters, halloween costumes, animal hats and goggles. This has been a very frustrating "phase". Well...once they saw the divers, the whole trip was over. They screamed at the top of their lungs for about 45 min to an hour!! They wouldn't lift their heads out of the wagon either.
Tony and I pressed on. We thought surely this would end when they saw the animals. Noooooo.....it just got worse and worse.We all tried different tactics to get them calmed down. Nothing worked. (You have to imagine the screaming and crying looking at this picture!)
After an hour they smiled again....and got out to look at the giraffes. For about 15 seconds. This was the only animal they saw. :(
There was no water near the giraffes so they figured the divers wouldn't be here.However, they did enjoy the playground!! (We could have done this for free in our neighborhood!!!) I guess they felt like there would be no divers here either!
They also enjoyed the petting zoo.
Lunch was good too! We ate early and I thought for sure after lunch we were going to have a fresh start. Nope.
We ended the day at the gift shop and went home. (Kaitlyn)
(Kennedy) You would never know by looking at this smile, that this was the most horrible zoo trip. I have a feeling it will be a while before we go back.
Adoption Through the Rearview Mirror
5 years ago
2 comments:
Bless your heart! I'm very impressed with how Tony and you were such troopers during all of this. It couldn't have been easy!
Oh no!!! You guys are great parents for toughing it out. This phase will pass I know. Sorry the trip wasn't very fun. :(
Post a Comment