Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Park pics and lunch with my girls

 Every year we try to meet up with family from Austin for an early Thanksgiving. We usually try to find a park about half way between Houston and Austin.  It's always a fun time to catch up, eat and let the kids play.

 My girls were thrilled with the swings!


 Kennedy relaxing in her chair


 Kaitlyn doing the same



 Pa is getting the sand out of Jilly's shoes. 
The boys were there too..I was just bad about taking pictures of them. Cooper, Cale and Jarrett played lots of ball and had a blast. My girls were either swinging or watching the boys play.



 Lunch time! Picnic style! (Jillian and Kaitlyn)



 Here's a quick shot of the group (minus most of the kids) We had a nice meal together and lots of yummy snacks and desserts. And the weather was PERFECT!! What a beautiful day!


 Uncle Chris joined Kaitlyn and Jilly for lunch on the blanket.



 Then later, he tossed the ball to each kid so they could hit a few rounds.  Here he is with Jillian trying to show her how to stand.


 I think she got it! :)

We had a great time and after awhile, we packed up and headed back home. We were sad Tony couldn't come, but he isn't allowed in a car for another week.

My school got out for Thanksgiving all week, so on Tuesday I dropped by the girl's school to have lunch with them.

 They don't usually sit together at lunch since they are in different classes, so this was fun for them!


 Jillian came with me. I think she enjoyed watching all the kids.



 I let Kennedy snap a picture of Kaitlyn and me.



 And Kaitlyn got to take one of Kennedy, Jillian and me.


 Oh! And Kennedy got chosen to be Student of the Month!! I was so proud of her! Here she is proudly showing off her ribbon.

After lunch Jillian and I ran some errands and then stopped in the nail salon so I could use my gift card and get a relaxing pedicure. I let Jillian get a color change on her fingernails too. Of course she chose purple with sparkles.


 Happy little girl
About halfway into my pedicure, I get a call from the school nurse.  Kaitlyn has fever. So, I leave the nail salon (no color on my toes!) and go pick her up. She came home and rested. Poor girl. She was sick last Thanksgiving. (All 3 of them were sick last Thanksgiving) 

 We are just praying that Tony doesn't catch anything. He is still recovering and has had a slight set back. The nerve pain in his shoulder has gotten worse so he is taking some more steroids. Hopefully that will do the trick to reduce the inflammation.

While Kaitlyn and Tony were resting and Jillian was playing, I grabbed Kennedy to make sure I got a picture of her for Student of the Month.  She got a certificate, a ribbon, pencil and her name on the announcements!! Proud of you Kennedy!!

Since Tony can't get in a car, we will be having a quiet Thanksgiving this year at home. :) 
Happy Thanksgiving!!

0 comments: