Saturday, December 01, 2012

End of November happenings

 We stayed home for Thanksgiving this year due to Tony's surgery and Kaitlyn's fever (I had picked her up from school on Tues, and she still had fever on Thurs). My parents did come over to eat with us. Someone from our church was so kind and brought us a Thanksgiving meal!! Yum!

 We watched the parade! The girls were excited about it this year.



After Thanksgiving, we got out all the Christmas decorations and put up the tree.  The girls could not wait a moment longer!
Jillian found the elf hat and promptly put it on while she decorated.



 Kaitlyn, bursting with excitement!



 My little trio decorating the tree. They were sooo fast! It was decorated in no time!


 Kennedy stopping to pose for me


 No luck getting a good photo..... they were in such silly moods!



 Here they are modeling their Christmas outfits! Again...I took so many pictures, but never got "the one".  (Can I tell you how fun it is to dress 3 little girls??)

Meanwhile........
Kaitlyn had never gotten rid of her fever!! 
Ugh! On Monday (day 7) of her low grade fever, we took her to the Dr.

 She said it was just a fever virus and would have to run it's course...but to come back after 10 days.

I kept her out of school for the first 3 days of the week, but on Thurs and Fri I sent her and the nurse gave her medicine when she needed it.  (It was such a low fever, it was ok for her to go.)

 Backing up a bit...On Tues evening I came down with a fever and chills. I thought for sure I had caught the dreaded fever virus. Wed I still had a little fever and was losing my voice.

Thursday was my birthday and I had completely lost my voice by this point.  I didn't have fever, so we did decide to go to a little Mexican Restaurant nearby to celebrate.


 Family picture!


 They did a great job embarrassing me by putting this hat on my head and singing to me!


 My girls

At the restaurant, Tony tells me that he doesn't feel good. Oh boy! We head back home and he lays down. He never got sick (I'm sooooo glad) and we think he may have just over-done it that day.( He went back to work this week after the Dr. checked him out.  He is allowed to take his brace off now for some things, but he wears it at school.)

On Friday, I feel horrible and Kaitlyn STILL has fever!! (Day 11) I made it through school (barely) and took her to the Dr. at 4pm. 
I didn't come out with any new info. She says it's such a low fever (99.1-99.6) that she isn't worried at all and still feels that it is a virus.  I was a little frustrated that I spent more money to be told the same thing and it has lasted sooo long.  I just want her to feel better.  We will just keep watching her.

While at the Dr. to keep her entertained, we take silly pictures and send them to daddy...then he sends a silly one back!  :)  This is one of her more mild silly pictures. :)

I'm quite thankful this week is over and I sure hope this coming one is a healthier one!! 
The girls are very excited that it's the 1st of Dec. Now they can start their countdown!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is better soon! Love all the pictures!