Sunday, July 19, 2015

Joselyn Emma Slate

On the morning of Monday, July 6, there was a lot of excitement! It was baby day! :) 
Around 9:30am, Tony and I left for the hospital. We were able to get a few pictures before we left. 
 Last picture as a family of 5! (Sad it was blurry!)

 39 weeks 1 day belly! 


 Here we go!

When we arrived at the hospital they put me in a room and hooked me up to lots of monitors. Would you believe that as I sat there waiting for my 11:30 surgery I began having contractions....about 2 minutes apart! That went on the whole time before it was time for the c-section.  I think Josie was going to come that day, c-section or not!
  My surgery got bumped to 12:30pm but the time seemed to fly by. There was a lot of family in the room with me so that made the time pass quickly. 

 My friend, Becca, was given permission to be in the operating room to take pictures of Josie's birth.  She takes amazing pictures and we were so thankful that they allowed her to do that. (I can't wait to get them back!)

 Joselyn Emma Slate "Josie" was born at 1:19pm
She weighed 8 lbs and 9 oz. 21 in long. 
She had dark hair! I wasn't too shocked with the dark hair because Kennedy had dark hair when she was born. I'm assuming it will fall out and come in blonde.....but I would love for her dark hair to stay as well! 
She was by far our biggest baby!! (Jillian was 7 lbs 3 oz and the twins were smaller than that)

 Immediately after surgery they took me to a room and had me do "skin to skin" with her.  I was beginning to have some adverse reactions to the anesthetic and meds they gave me in surgery. I don't even remember taking this picture! (But it turned out cute!)
Later that day I had a very hard time and had many unpleasant side effects from all the medicine they gave me. That was probably my hardest recovery yet out of my 3 c-sections. 
But we were praising God that our baby was here and super healthy!

 The next day was much better!! 
 Most of the side effects had worn off . 

 Our sweet baby girl

Tony's parents got to come see the baby that day too. We were so thankful that they could come down for her birth.

This was also the twins 9th birthday! My parents brought the girls to see the baby and they each got to hold her for the first time!!
 Kaitlyn

 Kennedy

 Jillian

Tony took Jillian to the hospital gift shop so she could pick out something special for her little sister. We knew that Jillian would have the hardest time adjusting to not being the "baby" anymore. She is doing a great job though!

0 comments: