Thursday, March 10, 2011

21 months



Here's what Jillian is doing at 21 months!

*Very verbal! Says any word you ask her to say. She is really doing well with her 2-3 word phrases.(Where is it? Here it is! Here ya go! Where is ____(name)? Want this!(and points)

Jillian loves to watch:
* Sesame Street (especially Elmo and Cookie)
*Barney
*Veggie Tales
*Gigi (God's Little Princess) I can't believe she requests to watch this! She seems so young to like this, but I guess that's what you get for having older sisters.
*Signing Time
(Ok, we don't watch all of those every day! LOL)

She likes:
*cats and dogs
*water! (Water table and playing "tea" with Kennedy and Kaitlyn in the bathtub)
*playing outside (especially digging in dirt or sand)
* to dance!
* to do anything her sisters are doing
* to say no (and says it alllllll the time..but at least she says it sweetly)
* to read books
*play dough and coloring with crayons (especially on walls and anything other than her paper. :)
*playing with her kitchen
*sweets


Songs (or parts of songs) she can sing:
*Hot Cross Buns
*BINGO
*Veggie Tales theme song (and the hairbrush song)
*Elmo's song
*Wheels on the bus
*ABC's
*Behold, I stand at the door and knock,knock,knock

Doesn't like:
*Not getting her way (and can throw a royal fit!)
*letting us brush her teeth for her (she is getting better)
*For me to wear my glasses or wear my hair down (not in pony tail) She tells me "off" and starts to whine. I guess I look too different to her. (and I really must wear my hair pulled back a lot!!)


Stats:

24 lbs 8 oz
24 month clothes
size 4 diaper
size 6/7 shoe
One nap at 12:00, bedtime: 7:00

We love our sweet girl. She makes us laugh every day. She is very affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses. I LOVE that. She is still very much a mama's girl and I don't mind one bit. :)
We are finding out, though, that her little "red headed" temper is showing up quite nicely. She finds it necessary to hit, pinch or scratch her sisters when she is upset (doesn't get her way). She can throw a fit like the best of them and can give you some serious looks! She furrows her eyebrows.....and I can see visions of her as a teenager. Oh boy. But, the little tantrums don't last long and the next thing you know she is hugging you, giving you her famous grin or giving you a big ol kiss!

Jilly has had a rough couple of months. Last month she had the stomach virus and sinus infection and she started out this month with bronchitis. She is a trooper though! Sure hope the rest of this month and the next few are sickness free.
We love our little girl and can't believe in three short months she will be 2!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love all your post! You are so honest and never sugar-coat anything :-) I can't believe Jillian is already 21 months! And I say so relate anout what you said with her saying "no" all the time - got that happening at our house too. He he!

The Chaddrick Family said...

We love our Jilly Bean! She is a great hugger!