My girls graduated from Kindergarten yesterday. I can't believe I'm going to have 1st graders and that they are going to be 7 in July! How did that happen??
Kennedy
Kaitlyn
They had a graduation ceremony and program for the parents. This is only HALF of the kindergarten class at Oakland Elem. 4 classes performed in the morning and the other 4 classes performed in the afternoon. I'm sooo thankful that both of my girl's teachers were in the same group!
It was hard to get good pictures because I was so far away, but I did my best. Kaitlyn was sitting on the bottom row for most of the program, but for this song, the bottom row got to stand.
Kennedy was on the opposite side near the top (kind of in a shady spot). Here she is singing and doing such a great job.
Kaitlyn twirling her hair.
They did an adorable song where all the girls did this. Too cute.
Kennedy twirling her hair for the same song.
Got a sweet smile from Kaitlyn.
Kennedy shaking hands with the principal and getting her diploma.
Kaitlyn getting her diploma too!
After the ceremony the kids were able to be checked out and go home! (at 10:00) Kennedy loved her teacher this year, Mrs. Tijerina. (Jillian wanted to get in the picture too..of course). Poor Jillian...she had an awful stomach bug just 2 days before and she was still a little weak. (I'm so thankful to God that He spared the rest of us!)
Kaitlyn and Miss Harbison...she loved her teacher too!
The whole gang with Miss Harbison
Kaitlyn in her room
One of the parents from Kaitlyn's class had organized a little pizza party at a nearby pizza restaurant. After the graduation program was over, we headed over there. (I had to go back to work, so my parents graciously checked the kids out of school and took them to the party. Many thanks!!!)
The pizza party!
Our art teacher, Linda, is retiring so we had a retirement party for her. She is such a wonderful friend and we will miss her terribly.
Dottie, Linda and me
Dottie and me
As much as I'm going to miss my awesome enrichment team and especially Dottie (we have become such close friends), I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me as a Kindergarten teacher. This job opened up at just the right time and I have never felt more peace and assurance about something. I know this is the right move for me and I'm so thankful that I will get to see my girls more too since they will be at school with me. Jillian will still stay with my parents for one more year, but then she will be at FBCA the following year with the rest of us.
Tony, Kennedy and Kaitlyn have just 4 more days to go and then we will ALL be out for the summer! Woo Hoo! This is a big summer! Jillian is turning 4, Tony and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary, Tony will be turning 40 and the twins will be turning 7!!!






0 comments:
Post a Comment